Fill in the form to arrange a chat with one of our experts

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY


If you can’t find what you are looking for, we’re here for you

Or Call Us (Open Now) (08) 6149 1600

Q: What should I do after a motor vehicle accident (MVA)?

A: It is important that your first step is to seek medical advice as soon
as possible.

When you are involved in an MVA some injuries can take a few days
to surface as your body has dealt with a shocking situation.

If you are seriously injured at the accident site and are taken to
hospital, you should:
Make sure you complete an Online Crash Report or report to the
police to ensure the accident has been documented.
Gather any evidence that may help with a claim, for example dash cam
footage, photographs.

Q: How long does claim take?

A: As soon as you make your claim, we will arrange for you to see an
independent specialist doctor.

Our role is to negotiate a settlement with the insurer. Some claims
can take longer than others, however we aim to ensure you receive
your compensation as quickly as possible.

Q: How much does it cost me?

A: We work on a no win no fee basis, which means that you don’t pay
us anything unless we win your case for you. On a case win you receive
compensation or damages for your accident injuries.

We only take payment for our legal fees at the end of your case when
your compensation is paid. It is then that we prepare your final and only
account, setting out our professional legal costs and any medical outlays
incurred in your claim.

Once our legal fees are deducted, the remaining funds are transferred to
your nominated bank account which usually clear within 24 to 48 hours.

Q: Does it come out of my pocket?

A: You will not pay any upfront costs.
We only receive payment at the end of your case, when your compensation is paid.
It is then that we prepare your final and only account, setting out our professional
legal costs and the outlays incurred in your claim.

Q: What can I claim?

A: You are entitled to claim compensation for your injuries if you were not
at fault for the accident.

Examples include:
✓ Pain and suffering for most types of injuries including soft tissue
✓ Past and future loss of earnings/loss of sick leave
✓ Past and future medical expenses
✓ Travel and out of pocket expenses
✓ Care and Assistance

Q: Who is the claim against?

A: Every vehicle in Western Australian (WA) has compulsory third party
(or CTP) insurance as part of the Rego you pay. This covers the driver for
injuries they may cause to other road users in Australia.

The Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA) manages the scheme and
claims for compensation for people who have been injured as a result
of an accident that was not their fault.

Q: Why should I seek legal advice?

A: Personal Injury claims can be complex and become overwhelming when
trying to navigate this yourself.

Seeking legal advice will remove the level of stress one can experience when dealing with the Insurer. Your focus
should be on your recovery and by having a lawyer support you with the claim we can prepare all the evidence required
to move the claim along as quickly and smoothly as possible.

If you are feeling uncertain on what your rights are when looking to claim for a personal Injury,
please contact us at Accident Claims Lawyers.

Our dedicated team will be more than happy to help you.

Looking for some help?

(08) 6149 1600

Our expert team are on hand to discuss your case. Simply fill out your details below and we’ll be in touch to guide and support you through the next steps.